Dates of Closure: Dec. 15, 2023
What a fantastic deal! Do you want to pursue a degree in Canada or the United States? Look nowhere else!
The USA is now accepting applications for the Global Citizen Scholarship Award for 2022. If they want to start their studies at the University, international students can apply for this offer.
At MPOWER, we strive to do more than just make higher education more accessible. Additionally, we are producing graduates who will address the most pressing issues in science, technology, business, and public policy and who are multilingual, culturally competent, and have a global perspective.
Benefits of Scholarships
- Major Award: $10,000
- Second place: $2,000
- $2000 Honorable Mention
Global Citizen Scholarship Award selection criteria are as follows:
- Obtain admission to or enrollment in a full-time degree program at the U.S. or Canadian institution that MPOWER supports.
- Be an international student who is eligible to lawfully study in either Canada or the United States, as appropriate:
This indicates that the candidate satisfies one of these requirements for study in the United States:
- Possesses a valid visa allowing them to study in the US.
- The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals protects (DACA)
- Is a citizen of the United States (Green Card holder)
- This means the candidate satisfies one of the following requirements for study in Canada:
resides permanently in Canada
- Possesses a valid study visa for Canada
Only students who fulfill the following criteria are eligible for the Global Citizen Scholarship (the “Scholarship”).
- The student has been accepted into or has started a full-time degree program at a Canadian or American university that MPOWER funds.
- Be an international student who is able to attend school lawfully in Canada or the United States, as appropriate.
- This means that the applicant must be qualified to study in the United States and be either a U.S. permanent resident (Green Card holder), eligible for protection under the Deferred
- Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, or possess a valid visa.
- This means that the candidate must be a Canadian permanent resident or possess a current study permission to study there.
As long as you complete the requirements outlined above, you are eligible to apply for the MPOWER Global Citizen Scholarship regardless of whether you are a borrower or applicant with MPOWER.
Amount of Awards
How to Apply:
Whether or whether you are an MPOWER borrower, all eligible students must complete the application form and submit the essay.